Chocolate is a pastry chef’s best friend. Described as decadent and sinful, chocolate is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Chocolate desserts come in many delicious forms and flavors. Whether you love chocolate intensely dark and bitter, or creamy, velvety and milky, we have gathered 10 popular decadent chocolate treat ideas to tempt your sweet tooth.
Death by Chocolate
Chocolate Truffles (French Style)
Cuisine D'Or Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Death by Chocolate – Death by Chocolate is a popular cake with a lot of chocolate flavor. The cake gets its name from especially dark chocolate or cocoa, which acts as the primary ingredient with “to die for” taste.
2. Chocolate Truffles – These elegant and rich, bite-sized round petit fours are one of the most popular and indulgent chocolate desserts ever invented. A truffle is traditionally made with a chocolate ganache center, often flavored, and rolled in cocoa powder. While cocoa powder is the traditional coating, truffles are often covered in sugar, dark, milk or white chocolate, shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies are made with lots of butter and a combination of white and brown sugars to produce a rich and chewy cookie with caramelized edges. It’s easy enough that you can whip up a batch in no time.
4. Chocolate Cupcakes – They are the ultimate party food. Chocolate cupcakes definitely have a wow factor and they are so easy to make. They can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before serving. You can make your cupcakes look even fancier and more tempting by coating them in colorful icing.
5. Chocolate Covered Strawberries – What’s a more romantic dessert than chocolate covered strawberries? It’s surprisingly easy to make, healthy and the perfect treat to impress that special someone. For best results, dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate, shake it as you withdraw it and swirl it in a quick, clockwise motion to get rid of the dripping chocolate.
6. Chocolate Brownie – It’s the ideal party dessert and goes well with whipped cream or ice cream. The perfect brownie should be moist, soft, slightly chewy around the edges and dark, with intense chocolate flavor.
7. Chocolate Soufflé – A batter of beaten egg whites, a béchamel flavored cream sauce and, of course, chocolate is the essence of a delicious chocolate soufflé. Chocolate soufflés are not only easy to prepare, they can also be made ahead of time. They are rich and light and a sweet ending to any meal.
8. Chocolate Crepes – Surprise your loved one with easy to make and yet delicious chocolate crepes. Filled with warm chocolate sauce, it’s the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day or any romantic occasion.
9. Chocolate Fondue – It’s amazingly easy and fun to make and a party favorite. Simply dip fresh fruit and other dunkable delights (e.g. marshmallows) into a hot, melted chocolate mixture. For best results, heat the chocolate over medium heat until almost boiling. Add a little cointreau and place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
10. Chocolate Mousse – It’s one of those chocolate desserts that everyone loves, not just because it looks so pretty, but also because it tastes so rich and yummy. The secret to a good chocolate mousse rests in the chocolate you use. It’s best to use either quality coverture chocolate or dark bittersweet chocolate. Chocolate mousse is easy to make and loved by grownups and kids alike!
Search 30000 Recipes!
- Baking Recipes
- Bean and Grains
- Beverage Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Chocolate Recipes
- Cookie Recipes
- Crock Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Duck Recipes
- Hot and Spicy
- Jelly and Jam
- For Kids
- Lamb Recipes
- Liquor Recipes
- Main Course
- Mexican Recipes
- Nut Recipes
- Pasta Recipes
- Rice Recipes
- Salad Recipes
- Sauce Recipes
- Sausage Recipes
- Side Dish Recipes
- Stew Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes