A recipe for Grilled Chicken with Yogurt Sauce. Follow the simple recipe instructions for Grilled Chicken with Yogurt Sauce shared by other home cooking experts.
Ingredients6 boned and skinned chicken
1/4 c. lemon juice
4 lg. garlic cloves; minced
1 Tsp. salt
2 c. plain yogurt; *see note 1
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tsp. dried mint flakes; *note 2
1/2 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 Tsp. cornstarch
*Note 1: Use only unflavored, all-natural yogurt, without any additives or stabilizers.
*Note 2: or use 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint.
Directions1. Put chicken breasts in a single layer in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour lemon juice over chicken. Turn chicken twice to coat it well.
2. Use a mortar and pestle to crush garlic and salt to form a smooth paste.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic paste, yogurt, olive oil, mint and black pepper.
4. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, turning chicken twice to coat it with the marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
5. When ready to grill, remove chicken pieces from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until thoroughly cooked.
6. While chicken is grilling, transfer marinade to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
7. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbs. cold water and stir it into the sauce. Return pan to stove and cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly, to thicken sauce.
8. Serve chicken hot, with warm yogurt sauce spooned over each serving.
Heat Scale: Mild
Recipe by: Chile Pepper Magazine, August 1998