A recipe for Lobster Newburg. Follow the simple recipe instructions for Lobster Newburg shared by other home cooking experts.
Ingredients2 9 oz. lobster tails, removed from shells
Melted butter or margarine
1/4 c. Butter or margarine
2 Tbs. Flour
1/2 Tsp. Salt
Few grains cayenne pepper
1 1/2 c. Light cream or milk
2 Egg yolks
1/4 c. Sherry or dry white wine
1 Tsp. Lemon juice
Directions1. Place lobster tails in a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish and brush liberally with melted butter.
2. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until tender. Cut lobster into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. In a deep, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole melt the 1/4 cup butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
4. Blend in flour, salt and cayenne.
5. In a small bowl, beat cream and egg yolks until well blended.
6. Gradually stir cream mixture into flour mixture until smooth.
7. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
8. Stir in lemon juice, lobster pieces and wine. If necessary, return to Microwave Oven 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
9. Serve over rice or toast points.
Variation: If desired, shrimp, scallops, crabmeat or any combination of these may be substituted for lobster.